Microlearning is a technique of workforce training that is delivered in short, focused courses that can be completed in around 5 to 6 minutes. More and more businesses are switching over to this bite-sized approach for their in-house training because of the benefits to both employers and employees.
What makes Microlearning effective?
Microlearning courses are created to combat the effects of the forgetting curve and makes it easier for the student to learn and retain information. The forgetting curve shows how memory retention declines over time. 30 days after learning about something, the brain forgets 80% of what was learned.
With Microlearning, content is delivered in short bursts that can be absorbed easily, applied quickly, and be used as simple reinforcement. HRS is introducing Microlearning as Mini Modules into our training curriculum.
How do Employers and Employees benefit from Microlearning?
- Wide Accessibility – Our Mini Modules are designed with mobile accessibility and friendliness at the forefront, but still easily accessed by laptops and desktop computers. This range of delivery makes it easy to learners to access the training on the go and on their own time.
- Interactive Media – Microlearning design includes rich media formats, such as animation, gamification, and interactive video to help assist memory retention and convey a lot of information in small sections.
- Time Sensible – Everyone needs reminders, and they also need to be reminded in a way that is effective and engaging. Our curriculum is built for the adult learner and is designed to be completed in as little as 5 to 6 minutes. The wide variety of device-accessibility allows learners to access the training whenever it is best suited for them.
- Cost Effective – Microlearning costs tend to be lower due to the short duration of the training material. Since Mini Modules are focused on target areas, they can be created much faster than traditional training courses. This allows us to create custom courses if there is a need for a specific topic to be covered.
- Acute Effectiveness – Mini Modules are designed to target specific outcomes instead of covering a range of topics. This has shown to have a positive impact on learners in their application and retention. This method has been effective in prompting behavioral change.
- Easily Updated – New facts and statistics and changes to industry standards are no problem when it comes to Microlearning. Mini Modules can be updated quickly and easily to adhere to the most current certainty.
Microlearning helps to keep the business sharp and your employees engaged. Employees don’t have time to get bored with our interactive training curriculum. Targeted content keeps them focused and their engagement helps them retain information for the long haul. This leads to proven business results. Studies show there is ROI upon investing in employee training. Microlearning allows for the business to target areas and measure increased revenue or decreased costs.
How can I integrate Microlearning into my company training?
HRS can help you decide on the best Microlearning path tailored for your specific needs. Contact us today.